Teaching and Lectures
Ze'eva Cohen is a veteran dance educator; she founded and developed the dance program at Princeton University, and charted its growth from 1969 to 2009. She has also developed the curriculum and assessment for the dance program under the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), for whom she continues her engagement as principal examiner. In addition to teaching for liberal arts academies, Cohen has taught at professional training institutions such as Alvin Ailey American Dance Center, Boston Ballet, Harvard Summer Dance School, the American Dance Festival at Durham University, and the Bates College Dance Festival.
Ze'eva Cohen is available for
1. Staging her choreography and creating new works.
(Rainwood and Ariadne are available for restaging through the Dance Notation Bureau. [DNB Notated Theatrical Dances Catalog].)
2. Teaching master classes and workshops on: performance technique, composition and choreography, and repertory.
3. Lecturing, that could include excepts or a full screening of the documentary film, Ze'eva Cohen Creating A Life In Dance,
- in context of dance history and aesthetics from 1960 to today.
- with a focus on bridging cultural and stylistic differences, as nurtured by Cohen's rich background: Israeli American, from Yemenite Jewish heritage.
- serving as a model of how an artist can survive in the dance world by carving out an independent path for herself.
- focusing on educational patterns that offer inclusion of dance in one's life as profession or recreational activity.
List of Educational and Professional Institutions
Alvin Ailey American Dance Center, New York
American Dance Festival, Durham University, NC
Barnard College, New York
Bates College Dance Festival
Bikourei Haitim, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Boston University Institute at Tanglewood, MA
Boston Ballet Summer Dance Program, MA
Bucknell University Dance Company, Pennsylvania
Colorado College Dance Company, Colorado
Dickinson College Dance Company, Carlisle, PA
Franklin and Marshall College Dance Company, PA
Harvard Summer Dance School, Massachusetts
H.S. of Performing Arts, New York
Ohio State University Dance Department
Jerusalem Academy of Music/Dance Division, Israel
Princeton University, New Jersey
Rhode Island College Dance Company, Rhode Island
Stanford University Drama Department, California
SUNY, Purchase, Dance Department, New York
University of Southern Mississippi Dance Company, MS
Wayne State University Dance Company, Michigan